WebHeader1 photo header1_zps3fe1d8d3.jpg

Swansea Degree Show

Final Degree Exhibtion
Swansea Metropolitan University
20th May - 20th June 2011


With the final year of my degree coming to an end, everyone is preparing for the degree show.
Projects are getting wrapped up and finalised ready be shown in our last university exhibition. It's an odd, somewhat anti-climactic feeling. Three years seems to have passed far too quickly, and it feels extremely odd to have a body of work on the falls which, effectively, encapsulates these three years of education and development.

At the moment, I have that awful feeling of "if only I had had just another month...", but then, I still would have felt like I could have done something more, something extra. Something better. Yet, despite all of this and despite all of the stress and drama that have surrounded getting to this point, I am actually pretty happy with my final body of work.

After months of editing, followed by more editing, and then some more editing, I finally decided upon six 'final' images for the exhibition. I chose to print these 30"x30" and have them in simple plain black frames. I knew that I wanted to show around five of them, but opted to have the six just in case - I found editing so difficult that having that extra print made me feel a little better. I didn't want to find myself regretting the five that I finally chose, and so, that sixth one gave me a little more freedom to chop and change the ones which actually ended up on the wall, as well as their sequencing.

While the space in the university exhibition is somewhat limited, these prints will also be shown in the London Free Range show, meaning that the extra space there will allow me show all six if I chose to do so.