WebHeader1 photo header1_zps3fe1d8d3.jpg

MyModernMet.com


MyModernMet.com is a fantastic site. I'm meant to be either editing images or doing some more reading for my thesis, but ended up searching back through countless entries on that blog. Some of the work featured there is amazing - and even though a lot of it isn't necessarily "related" to my practice, the work is just inspiring regardless of this.

  • Andrew Bruce - I suppose it's not the nicest of topics, but the composition and lighting of the work somehow make it impossible to not be impressed. After reading what he has to say of his work, I decided it was okay to be impressed. It's shocking, but then, I suppose that's what makes it captivating, that's what grabs your attention and makes you consider what he's saying.
  • Mark Pillai - Everything about this piece make it so much more than a fashion spread. I love unusual fashion shoots like this.
  • Jason Lee - Somewhat more related to my personal practice, I suppose. Definitely made me consider the way in which I choose to compose my images. I have a tendency of being in close proximity to a scene, deciding that it would be a good moment to take out my camera, and while I'm doing this, I take a step back. Perhaps I should stop taking that step back.
  •