WebHeader1 photo header1_zps3fe1d8d3.jpg

Jennifer Causey

Jennifer Causey

I'm not much of a "still life" photographer. Recently, I've been attempting to spend more time focusing on considering composition and lighting a little more. This means that I'm taking a lot more photographs which happen to be void of people, which initially felt a little weird for me, seen as I've spent so much of my time developing the way in which I capture people within my work. I have noticed that focusing on surroundings and space - more specifically lighting and angles and compositions - is certainly making it easier for me to photograph people when I do come back to doing that. Recently, these things which are so important seem to have been somewhat pushed to the back ground for me, simply because I'm over thinking my work a little. Considering it too much, perhaps attempting to be a little too technical.



Jennifer Causey's work is, in simple terms, pretty beautiful, but asides from that, flicking through her online portfolio, I realised so many ways in which I could develop the ways in which I work. Her images are so simple, so basic, yet so much more, all the same time. They work perfectly without seeming as though they even have to try to. I'm sure there is a great amount of knowledge and technique as well as incredible talent behind them, but the beauty of it is, that they seem so natural and beautiful that you almost don't even question their creation - you spend too much time considering the lighting and content (and feeling pretty damn jealous of the lives behind these images!)