WebHeader1 photo header1_zps3fe1d8d3.jpg

Lee Price

I came across Lee Price on "The Artist and His Model" which is a pretty amazing art blog with tonnes of interesting entries on a ridiculous amount of talented artists. It's one of those websites which results in me ending up having about fifty tabs open as I get further and further distracted from the task at hand. There are just far too many bodies of work which you could spend your whole day trawling through.



This brought me to Price's work, which I loved instantly. The composition, the colours the viewpoint (which intrigued and confused me a little before I began to imagine all manner of wonderfully insane contraptions the photographer must have created in order to take this beautiful birds eye view shots) the content. Everything about them captivated me. I then clicked through to the "photographer's" website and soon discovered that this photographer was not a photographer at all, but a painter.

...a painter?!

This led to me flipping through all of the images, zooming in, zooming out and pulling impressed/confused faces. Yes, I've seen some amazing photo-realistic painters, but these honestly had me fooled for a good while. 

That aside, the content themselves is brilliant. Whether photograph or painting, I love the intimacy of them, which made me realise how very intimate our "alone time" is. How we value it. How we take pleasure in indulging - whether that be sitting alone in our room or in the bathtub - and how this seems to be multiplied when it involves further "indulging" in our favourite foods. I could go further into what I understand of the psychology of this, but I'm going to leave it at this.

"Snack". Lee Price.
"Sunday". Lee Price.

"Emilie (Breakfast)". Lee Price.
"Self Portrait in Tub with Chinese Food". Lee Price.
"Cocoa Puffs". Lee Price.
"Grilled Cheese". Lee Price.
"Strawberry Swirl". Lee Price.
"Lisa in Tub With Chocolate Cake". Lee Price.
"Refuge". Lee Price.